The IGP RUBICONE
is one of the 9 Typical Geographic Indications of the Emilia Romagna region, it was established in 1995 and includes the provinces of Ravenna, Forlì-Cesena, Rimini and Bologna.
It is reserved for wines made from grapes of the National Register of vine varieties for wine in the following categories:
red, also in the types lively, sparkling and Novello;
whites, even in the type lively and sparkling;
rosé, also in the type lively and sparkling.
The grapes must be at least 85% from the corresponding vine; the remaining 15% can be composed of other varieties of grapes of the same color, non-aromatic, suitable for cultivation in the region of Emilia Romagna.
Included are the following grapes:
Malvasia bianca di Candia, Malvasia di Candia aromatica, Istrian Malvasia,
Riesling and Riesling Italico,
Trebbiano of Romagna and Tuscany,
Cabernet sauvignon and franc,
Refosco dal peduncolo rosso,